The emphasis and motto of the Unity of the Brethren is, "In essentials unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things love."It is essential for the Christian to believe:
1. That the Scriptures are the divinely inspired, authoritative Word of God as originally given.
2. In God eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus is the divine and eternal Son of God. We believe in His virgin birth, real humanity, full deity, death for our sins, and literal resurrection.
4. That the Holy Spirit convicts, regenerates, indwells, teaches, and empowers all believers.
5. That salvation is by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
Full agreement is non-essential among Christians in such matters as how Christ is present in the sacraments, the elements used, the time and mode of baptism, and the system of church organization. In both essential and non-essentials, in all things, it is essential for all Christians to work together in love.
The Apostle’s Creed
I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried. He went to the place of departed spirits. The third day he rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Christian Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.